50 Classic First Dance Songs You can't go wrong with one of these romantic, foolproof first-dance songs. From tried and true oldies, like Etta James's "At Last," to more modern hits, this list is the perfect starting point for your first-dance song search. by The Knot
Tell the DJ or band to play one of these songs and your first dance will be one to remember. These tear jerkers will allow you and your partner to connect on the dance floor and allow everyone to witness your love in a unique way!
1. "Amazed," Lonestar Lyrics You'll Love: "I don't know how you do what you do/I'm so in love with you/It just keeps getting better"
2. "As," Stevie Wonder Lyrics You'll Love: "As around the sun the earth knows she's revolving/And the rosebuds know to bloom in early May/Just as hate knows love's the cure/You can rest your mind assure/That I'll be loving you always"
3. "As Time Goes By," Dooley Wilson (from Casablanca) Lyrics you'll love: "And when two lovers woo/They still say, 'I love you.'/On that you can rely/No matter what the future brings/As time goes by."
4. "A Thousand Years," Christina Perri (from Twilight: Breaking Dawn) Lyrics you'll love: "Darling, don't be afraid/I have loved you/For a thousand years/I'll love you for a thousand more"
5. "At Last," Etta James Lyrics you'll love: "And here we are in heaven/for you are mine/at last"
6. "Better Together," Jack Johnson Lyrics you'll love: "It's not always easy and/Sometimes life can be deceiving/I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together"
7. "By Your Side," Sade Lyrics you'll love: "When you're on the outside baby and you can't get in/I will show you you're so much better than you know"
8. "Can't Help Falling In Love," Elvis Presley Lyrics you'll love: "Like a river flows surely to the sea/Darling so it goes/some things are meant to be"
9. "Can't Take My Eyes Off of You," Frankie Valli or Lauryn Hill Lyrics you'll love: "I love you baby and if it it's quite all right/I need you baby to warm the lonely nights/I love you baby, trust in me when I say"
10. "Come Rain or Come Shine," Ray Charles Lyrics you'll love: "I'm gonna love you, like nobody's loved you/Come rain or come shine"
11. "Crazy Love," Van Morrison Lyrics you'll love: "I can hear her heart beat for a thousand miles/And the heavens open every time she smiles"
12. "Everything," Michael Bublé Lyrics you'll love: "And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times/It's you, it's you, you make me sing/You're every line, you're every word, you're everything"
13. "First Day of My Life," Bright Eyes Lyrics you'll love: "Yours is the first face that I saw/I think I was blind before I met you/Now I don't know where I am/ I don't know where I've been/But I know where I want to go"
14. "Fly Me to the Moon," Frank Sinatra Lyrics you'll love: "Fill my heart with song/Let me sing forever more/You are all I long for/All I worship and adore"
15. "Grow Old With Me," Mary Chapin Carpenter Lyrics you'll love: "Grow old along with me/Whatever fate decrees/We will see it through"
16. "Here and Now," Luther Vandross Lyrics you'll love: "When I look in your eyes, there I'll see/All that a love should really be/And I need you more and more each day"
17. "How Sweet It Is (to Be Loved by You)," James Taylor Lyrics you'll love: "With sweet love and devotion, deeply touching my emotion/I want to stop and thank you baby"
18. "If I Ain't Got You," Alicia Keys featuring Usher lyrics you'll love: "Some people want diamond rings/Some just want everything/But everything means nothing/If I ain't got you"
19. "In My Life," The Beatles Lyrics you'll love: "Though I know I'll never lose affection/for people and things that went before/I know I'll often stop and think about them/In my life I love you more"
20. "I Only Have Eyes for You," The Flamingos Lyrics you'll love: "Are the stars out tonight?/I don't know if it's cloudy or bright/I only have eyes for you, dear"
21. "It Had to Be You," Dooley Wilson (from Casablanca) Lyrics you'll love: "And it had to be you, it just had to be you/It had to be you"
22. "I Will," The Beatles Lyrics you'll love: "Love you forever and forever/Love you with all my heart/Love you whenever we're together/Love you when we're apart"
23. "I Won't Give Up," Jason Mraz Lyrics you'll love: "I won't give up on us/Even if the skies get rough/I'm giving you all my love/I'm still looking up"
24. "Just the Way You Are," Billy Joel Lyrics you'll love: "I said I love you and that's forever/And this I promise from my heart/I couldn't love you any better/I love you just the way you are"
25. "La Vie en Rose," Edith Piaf (French), Louis Armstrong (English) Lyrics you'll love: "And when you speak angels sing from above/Everyday words seem/To turn into love songs"
26. "Let's Stay Together," Al Green Lyrics you'll love: "Let's stay together/Love you whether, whether/Times are good or bad, happy or sad/"
27. "L-O-V-E," Nat King Cole Lyrics you'll love: "Love is all that I can give to you/Love is more than just a game for two/Two in love can make it"
28. "Lucky," Colbie Caillat and Jason Mraz Lyrics you'll love: "Lucky I'm in love with my best friend/Lucky to have been where I have been/Lucky to be coming home again"
29. "Make You Feel My Love," Adele Lyrics you'll love: "Nothing that I wouldn't do/Go to the ends of the Earth for you/To make you feel my love"
30. "Marry Me," Train Lyrics you'll love: "Together can never be close enough for me/To feel like I am close enough to you/You wear white and I'll wear out the words, 'I love you' "
31. "Maybe I'm Amazed," Paul McCartney Lyrics you'll love: "Maybe I'm amazed at the way you help me sing my song,/Right me when I'm wrong/Maybe I'm amazed at the way I really need you."
32. "Our Love Is Here to Stay," Billie Holiday Lyrics you'll love: "It's very clear/Our love is here to stay/Not for a year/But ever and a day"
33. "Sparks," Coldplay Lyrics you'll love: "But I promise you this/I'll always look out for you/That's what I'll do"
34. "Stand by Me," Ben E. King Lyrics you'll love: "No I won't be afraid/Oh, I won't be afraid/Just as long as you stand, stand by me"
35. "Steady As We Go," Dave Matthews Band Lyrics you'll love: "In the darkest times/You shine on me/You set me free/And keep me steady as we go"
36. "Such Great Heights," The Postal Service or Iron and Wine Lyrics you'll love: "And I have to speculate/That God himself did make us/Into corresponding shapes/Like puzzle pieces from the clay"
37. "That's How Strong My Love Is," Otis Redding Lyrics you'll love: "I'll be the rainbow after the tears are gone/Wrap you in my colors and keep you warm/That's how strong my love is"
38. "That's Where It's At," Sam Cooke Lyrics you'll love: "Lights turned way down low/Music soft and slow/With someone you love so/That's where it's at, yeah"
39. "The Best Is Yet to Come," Frank Sinatra Lyrics you'll love: "Come the day you're mine/I'm gonna teach you to fly/We've only tasted the wine/We're gonna drain the cup dry"